Banting Diet – 7 Day Banting Meal Plan
If you’re starting the Banting diet then this 7 day Banting meal plan is just what you need.
It provides you with the perfect way to plan your low-carb meals in step with the Banting diet for a complete week.
Not only are these LCHF meals Banting friendly, they are also gluten free which makes them even more healthy for you.
This 7-day Banting meal plan is very similar to the Paleo way of eating which is essentially a low-carb, high fat diet that is also a strictly gluten free diet, however unlike the Banting diet (and Tim Noakes diet) it excludes all forms of diary.
- Breakfast – 2 poached eggs with a few rashers of bacon & tomato
- Lunch – A large salad with your favorite protein (chicken, steak, etc.) with some cottage cheese
- Snack – Apple slices with almond butter
- Dinner – Slow cooker pulled pork with fresh veggies such as spinach & pumpkin (contains less sugar than butternut) & finished off with a small tub of full cream Greek yoghurt if you’re still hungry.
- Breakfast – A portion of fruit followed by bacon & eggs
- Lunch – Blanched/sauteed veggies (pre-made and reheated)
- Snack – Can of tuna
- Dinner – Steak (grass fed) with some green leafy vegetables, cauliflower & broccoli
- Breakfast – Coconut milk smoothie or have banana pancakes (makes a change from having eggs everyday although you can have eggs & bacon if you prefer)
- Lunch – Soup (reheated or in a thermos)
- Snack – Greek yogurt
- Dinner – Roast chicken (or BBQ free range chicken which you can get from Woolworths for your convenience) with a Greek salad
- Breakfast – Mixed nuts & berries with coconut milk followed by a bowl of Greek yogurt
- Lunch – BLT wrap with lettuce instead of bread wrap
- Snack – Hard boiled eggs
- Dinner – Grilled fish with spinach & pumpkin
- Breakfast – Steak and eggs
- Lunch – Cold cut meats and veggies (snack-like but filling)
- Snack – Avocado – high in good fat that will refuel your energy reserves
- Dinner – Grilled chicken breasts (free range) with fresh vegetables
- Breakfast – Eggs and sweet potato hash browns
- Lunch – Sandwich with bell pepper slices instead of bread
- Snack – Biltong (Jerky) & almonds (not too many if you’re looking to lose weight)
- Dinner – Sun dried tomato bacon wrapped meatloaf
- Breakfast – Egg/veggie/meat scramble
- Lunch – Dinner leftovers
- Snack – Blueberries & almonds
- Dinner – Beef (or chicken) & vegetable stir fry in olive oil (never use Sunflower oil or any vegetable oil)
Besides the diary, the Paleo diet is very similar to the Banting & the Tim Noakes LCHF diets which all emphasise low-carb eating to maximise your health benefits, help keep you slim & feel young.
Should You Include Dairy In Your Banting Diet Plan?
Tim Noakes is a big fan of including milk & eating dairy in his “Banting diet” as long as it’s full cream & from grass fed cows.
There is however a downside, as he mentions in a podcast on Talkfeed regarding dairy & weight gain.
He says whilst his stance on dairy hasn’t changed, you are advised to reduce your dairy consumption of you cannot lose weight.
This came about after an uproar in the South African media after Jonno Proudfoot had changed the Dairy status from a “green” listed food to “orange” which means it can be consumed in moderation.
The conclusion we can draw from this is that according to Tim Noakes is that dairy is fine for those on the Banting diet but if you are specifically trying to lose weight you should only consume it in moderation.
Be Careful, It’s Easy To Revert To Your Old Eating Habits
A Banting Meal that would make Tim Noakes proud. Grilled steak (grass fed), Pumpkin (organic), Spinach (organic), Butter (Unsalted & grass fed)
Whilst this meal plan provides you with an easy way to get started on the low-carb Banting way of eating, it’s really easy to get into a rut by preparing & eating the same meals over & over.
This situation creates boredom & “diet fatigue” which often causes people to revert to unhealthy convenience eating – let’s face it a tempting burger & chips looks far more appealing than chicken & veggies.
The best way to help you avoid slipping back into your old eating habits, is to have a comprehensive diet plan complemented with hundreds of tempting LCHF Banting/Paleo approved meal options & recipes to keep you going for at least a month or two to keep it interesting & exciting.